How to Freeze or Lock Your Debit Card or Credit Card
You can easily lock your debit/credit card to prevent your card from being used to purchase. You may want to do this to secure your card when it is not in your possession or to control when it can or cannot be used.
Though the process is simple, it can vary depending on your financial institution or card issuer.
Here are some links from popular institutions, you can use these to find instructions on how to freeze or unfreeze your card direct from the issuer.
- American Express: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/customer-service/faq.how-do-i-freeze-my-card.html
- Bank of America: https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/mobile-and-online-banking-features/lock-unlock-debit-card/
- Capital One: https://www.capitalone.com/support-center/bank/lock-debit-card/
- Chase: https://www.chase.com/digital/customer-service/helpful-tips/credit-cards/mobile/lock-unlock-card
- PNC Bank: https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/services/pnc-easylock.html
- TD Bank: https://academy.td.com/content/31/how-to-lock-and-unlock-your-debit-or-atm-card
- Wells Fargo: https://www.wellsfargo.com/privacy-security/fraud/security-tools-and-options/
When getting your customized metal credit card with VybeCardCo, we highly advise you freeze your current credit card using the directions above (or contact your card issuer if they are not listed above) before sending it to us for transfer to a metal card.
Start a Design